So the last few days I have been dancing around happy, let me fill you all in.
I currently have a brilliant job but I strife for more, where I currently work I wish to move into the IT department, this is the ideal place for me to be and job wise, what I wish to do.
So, I've been doing some overtime in the IT department, extra hours here and there and it's been going very well :)
Now the guy in IT has left, which I thought was fantastic, OMG I thought, the position I have wanted has opened up, what could be better. Now this was only a few days ago so I expected it to take a while for the job to be re-advertised or I expected to be approached relating to the position.
Well today I get pulled in to the office but it was by my Manager and not the person I expected to approach me.
Basically to cut a long story short I got told the job I wanted has been dissolved, it will not be re-advertised and I will not be able to apply for it. My heart sunk, I had been holding out for this position for quite some time and had even decline another job to hold out.
Now I did tell my managers this and they understand, I mean this is where I saw myself heading within the company I work for and it is no longer there. I love the company I work for, they're one of the best employers going and I understand, especially in these economic times that it is in their companies best interest to save money. I do not hold any malice towards my employers with regards to their choice in this matter.
I didn't come out of it hopeless though, Whilst I am not being offered a full time position I have been offered an extra 10hours a week, two hours a day on top of my current job within the reception department, also included would be being on call and covering time off. Now this isn't all bad as an extra 10 hours at £7.00 an hour is £70.00 a week or £3640 per year, supplementing my current salary of £14250
I cannot complain to much so whilst I am gutted about not getting a full time position in the department I was expecting I am happy to get something out of it, I have to contemplate though if there is a future for me within this company. I was told it may be a possibility but I do feel I have been holding on for quite some time. I would only hope I can continue to progress my career within this company rather than being forced to move, but how long I have to wait for this I do not know... There comes a time in which I will have to make a decision regarding my employment and if honest, I do not know what I will do when that time comes.
Who knows what will happen.. all I can say is today I am upset, and disappointed. the perfect job for me, and now it is gone, no ones fault I know but still, tonight I will wallow, and tomorrow I will get on with things.
No comments:
Post a Comment