And no... Do not worry I do not mean me, I am doing well. in fact very well I would say.
but I am currently watching "Falling Down" A fantastic performance by Michael Douglas and Robert Duvell. If you haven't seem it I recommend you do, I wont spoil it to much for you but basically Michael Douglas plays a divorced out of work defence engineer who has "had enough" of being mistreated by society and decides to deal with it himself, Robert Duvell plays the retiring police detective on the last day of the job who decides to track down Douglas and stop the rampage of terror. A must see movie from 1993 bordering on a classic.
So now I have got that out of the way, what is next... well how about how my day went. It started of, and even ended very well in fact. I got up and headed straight to work, had a few things I wanted to straighten out so I spent an hour or so in work catching up with a few things, It's great doing the I.T work I can just pretty much get on with it, Whilst I obviously report to others I am basically asked to do a few things here n there and monitor the rest by myself and just "do it" the level of trust and responsibility is something I've not had to do before which is fantastic.
I think the fact that I am helping to make decisions and on how to progress is good, my idea's are actually listened too and even acted upon which is something I've not really had to do before.
Anyhow, I finished early, got home and a friend had visited, not much to say, chatted n caught up so pretty mundane and boring stuff for my day, I finished the evening playing a bit of the computer.
So I've been playing the Total War Series lately, Mainly Napoleon and Shogun2 Total War,
Tonight it was a Land battle in Napoleon: Total War I was the Russians against the Ottoman Empire, Now I had a few mods installed, a Defence Mod which allows defensive structures and a second which allows each rank to fire instead of just the front rank which equals more fire-power.
Now this is Vs a CPU player, I had a near identical match before online where the opponent chose not to deploy any Artillery, which is very unusual so I decide to take a more defensive stance, it was a walk over, my Artillery decimated them before they got close, I believe he thought he could hit me on the flanks, which I realised he would try to do, for this reason I placed my best troops on the flanks to cover from horse attacks.
Whilst this is a game against the CPU it portrays what I did quite well. so enjoy this video.
No comments:
Post a Comment