So, I support anyone who wishes to raise money for a good cause or charity... however what has been ticking me off is how people are going about it these days, By all means post about it, ask friends about it but when you send me messages followed by messages saying "why haven't I donated" that annoys me, within the last week or two I have received around 15/16 offers to help people with their charity, I cannot afford to help everyone, yet some of the people seem to get annoyed that I say this. Well sorry but when you act like that, you definitely will not receive a penny from myself, your as bad as those people who harass you in the streets.
Well that's my rant for the day, please do not take any offence to this and if I can afford to donate to your cause I will, just please do not give me the "hard sell"
TV, Media and most of all people are putting pressure onto people these days to give to charities. Whilst I support the work they do I still can't help to be sceptical, A lot of charities have High paying bosses earning six figures each, turn over a lot of money. the only difference between a charity and a company is the money the charity "makes" after costs, which includes these insane salaries, must be used for a good cause.
Okay it means a lot of the money goes to good cause but lets face it, the percentage of how much can go to good causes can be very small indeed. so next time you give to charity, just look into how much goes to the people who need it.
Hey Graeme! I know what you mean. If I can then I will, but if not then I let the person know that I have direct debits every month to 3 charities close to my heart and I give hundreds of pounds a year away to them, because they mean the most to me. At this time of year everyone wants sponsored for something and I admire them and always donate if I can, BUT I don't like the pressured sell at all.
ReplyDeleteYou've inspired me to write a blog too! Watch this space...